Monday, August 13, 2012

White Meat $2 Extra

Chop Suey Sookie! This week's True Blood opened with a Kung Pow!

"Gone, Gone, Gone" was great, great, great from the jump, where we saw Sookie deliver the true death to Mike Spencer with a side of white rice. Talk about "no more and then!"
Photobucket
Sookie has been through so much this season, I was glad to see her assert herself like that. The whole wanting to suck her toes in the line at the bank thing was forgivable, but when Mike came knocking to make a withdraw from her femoral artery, our girl had to vehemently deny that transaction and deny it she did.

Jason, meanwhile, delivered one of his best episodes to date.
Photobucket
While speaking with Kristin Bauer van Straten earlier this week, she mentioned how Ryan Kwanten's amazing skill as an actor often is overlooked because of the comedic nature of his character, but tonight we got to see his full range. As usual, we were treated to a number of hilarious Stackhouse moments too, like when he looked under the teddy bear's dress above while talking to Sookie or his comments in the professor's office "Hey imagine if someone could read all of these!"  - but his vulnerability was on full display any time it came to Hoyt.
Photobucket
Photobucket
"I love you Bubba? Followed by their road side encounter? I just wanted these two besties to quit fighting and make up.
Photobucket

Those have to be included on my list of most emotional True Blood Season 5 scenes, alongside Eric releasing Pam.
Photobucket
One small issue I had with the glamouring by Jessica, though, was that I felt like she should not have blinked or broken eye contact with Hoyt. I know I'm nitpicking, but I just thought it would have served to make the scene that much more intense. Her sniffing his hair (a.k.a. Mutedric's go to move) one last time though was very special and tugged hard at my heart strings.
What was probably anticipated by the show's makers as one of the episode's most intense moments - the destruction of Godric before Eric's eyes - didn't really shake me too much. Maybe it was because Lilith still seemed to only be a vision or hallucination produced by the ingesting of that blood; recall that Bill could not see her on the monitors.
Photobucket
Or maybe it was because of my faith in Godric and that he is too badass to let some vampire who prefers to cover herself in blood instead of blouses do him in like that. Can't a sister get a robe already? Not that I'm complaining. She should take some notes from Mystique though and hook up some vajazzle.
 I am not sold on Lilith nor do I think Eric was either after his apparent awakening. When he took a knee before Russell I was just waiting for him to crush the dude's hand like Superman did General Zod's.
It was interesting to hear Godric tell Nora how he had "evolved." Curious choice of words, considering Bill told Eric the same thing awhile back when his actions confounded the viking vamp. Bill certainly seemed to be under the spell of Lilith, though, didn't he? Where can I get one of those dope Authority logo sweaters he and Eric were sporting btw? Is that some members only sh-t or do they have like a pro shop in that lobby of theirs?
Maybe it will take Jessica to wake him up, a la Short Round in The Temple of Doom when he had to burn Indiana Jones with the torch to wake him from the dark spell of Mola Ram. "Kali Ma Shakti de! Kali Ma!!!"
Photobucket
Russell, meanwhile, had no issues with turning his back on Lilith and the Authority, what with their education reform and book club taking up all their time instead of fun. What a great scene that was as he flexed his three thousand year-old muscle and even let his German accent fly a little. That is like the third scene this season BTW where a B get's tossed around like a rag doll. Sookie by Pam first, then Pam by Elijah and now Salome by Russell, just in case anyone was keeping score at home.
Photobucket
What contrast to the earlier scenes he shared with Steve when they went out for "Greek." (Was I the only one who laughed at the sexual undertones of that choice of Russell's?)
Those poor brothers at the Gamma Kappa Tau house. I loved Katy Perry playing in the background though. Speaking of being "Wide Awake," while Russell waxed on about day walking, Steve had himself a pretty stellar episode on his own, highlighted by the scene where he scolded Emma for being in her human form. His asking her if she wanted Nigel to eat her made my list of best True Blood quotes from this week.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
There had been some speculation that Elijah was possibly Warlow, but that theory went down the drain when Tara took him out with Ginger's help.

Speaking of Ginger, Pam should have turned her like yesterday, or at least given that woman a raise. She has been down town Julie Brown from day one when it has come to helping Pam out. I like Tara's resolve most of all, as did her maker from the look of it, as Pam once again gazed upon her progeny like a proud parent. After she of course scolded her for making a mess of her office. Pam's jacket was also amazingly fierce wasn't it?


Getting back to Russell and his plans to walk in the sun again: I found myself agreeing with Salome. Vampires are creatures of the night. Seeing them in a different medium would not sit well with this fang fan. Somethings are better left as they have always been, like the Smurfs. They just don't belong on the big screen walking amongst actual humans. Sorry, K. Perry.



It was nice to see Tank Girl get some new work wasn't it? We definitely have not seen the last of this B.
Moving on and looking forward, we didn't see anything from the werewolf population this week, so I am anticipating them having a big part in the remaining episodes. Lafayette kicked some ass and  finally made it through an hour without someone trying to sew his mouth shut or asking him to swallow a dead person's ghost, so that was nice. I also loved the bridesmaid walk he used on his way to serving Andy and Holly. I realized later that this scene was important because as i was made aware by a fellow fan, the preggers fairy we saw was the one who seduced Andy a while back and now looks to be carrying his love child.
Photobucket

Morella looked pretty dayum fine for being 500 years old with a bun in the oven and I'm pretty sure she knew it. Fans of Octomom's instructional video probably were hoping Morella would follow her lead and make her own version but this time from da'back. I added it to my Netflix cue under "fingers crossed." Did you catch the way she was sizing up Jason? Some guys have all the luck.
So what is the deal with this baby she is carrying. It will be half human and half fae like Sookie. Could it be she will offer it up to Warlow to spare Sookie? Is she working with Russell to create a crop of Fae babies they can harness like the machines in The Matrix did?

Scenes from next week made it look like Luna gets captured but I'm betting Sam frees Emma while sadly Luna is lost in the shuffle. At least we got one last Hershey kiss goodbye if it turns out to be so.
Lastly, what was the scene though showing Jessica and Jason in the grave? Is she going to turn him or are they just trying to spice things up in their love life? Get at me!

10 comments:

  1. So I hate that this is the Case but this is actually my second attempt at posting this week, this blog is so damn good that it actually took down my machine last nt “that’s hot jell’s bringing it this year”……Any who, so needless to say that this week’s ep was the best one that I can remember in recent memory followed by what was undoubtedly my favorite recap (and that’s saying a lot)

    I know that I already addressed this last week but it truly was great to see Tru nutz fall flat on his hairy chest (and face) and be dead wrong about Warlo. Tara (who im really starting to love) made short work of Marilyn Manson Jr and that’s all that I have to say about that

    Ps—HOW SICK WAS IT THAT MY MAN SPOKE TO PAMCAKES?!?!?...NOT SURE HOW I MISSED THAT BUT I SO PISSED THAT I WASN’T THERE/INVOLVED IN THAT IN ANY WAY BUT IF MY MAN GOT TO GET SOME SWEET CONVO FROM HERE, THAN THAT’S THE NEXT BEST THING. VERY WELL DONE

    Couldn’t agree more that Jason put together one of his best episodes to date/prob ever and I guess that when Pam says it, it does make total sense that he may be one of the most impressive range wise considering that he’s a junk from downunda and NAILS the stupid jock from po-dunk LA (among everything else that he Nails.

    While I was glad to see Hoyt go and was probably feeling the exact same way as the kid who put down the bat to hug the piƱata, I think that I would have def preffered to see him get “wacked” off (yeah that just happened)….good riddance either way but do the rt thing here AB!

    I was actually surprised that Nora went from “fk godderic” to screaming in terror as Lilith tore his throwat out, guess that goes to show how she really felt/maybe it is just the “koolaide” that is getting to her, Eric and bill rather than her sincere feelings…either way I think Eric is full of sht when it comes to believing in all this and im sure that it wont be long before we see my man come out like a real hero in all this where as bill will inevitably be the goat here, and that’s greatest of all time kind either. No one knows better than Jell that the xmen ref just gets me btw, mystique always been a favorite of mine. Think about it, she would cxl all the problems of dating/marriage in the world!!! “baby, lets do a lil Kim k tonight, we can always do juliane houugh tomorrow, that’s starting to get a bit old to me”

    80’s movie ref of the week; probably the best moment in Superman 3!?!?! When superman reveals tahts he’s done bullshittin!?!? YES!!!!!!!

    Not to gloat (but allow me to gloat) did I not call that “there is no doubt that Russel will go back to being russel and that there is no way that the authority will be bale to control him!?! (may wanna take a look back at that, cuz I said it) The god news is that he ridiculous quest for the sun will undoubatbly fk him again. My call: he goes to drain sookie to go in the son and she actually has no power anymore and he’ll burn again….u heard it hear first.

    My one disagreement here would be that I hope that you realize that the Tank b is def not kit keller from a league of their own (my own lil 80’s ref, ur welcome)…but back to the agreement side, it was sooo great too not see the wolves at all finally no!!?!? Lastly. Some interesting things in the scenes from last two;

    --Jess taking Jason to ground?
    --Bill screaming “I am the chosen one?

    Feel free to talk amongst yourselves on those 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did anyone else ever hear that Alan Ball is leaving the show?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing is that little guy hugging the Spidey pinata?He's like "can you ever forgive me?" I'm so glad you and I are back on the same page with regard to an episode Laffa-bizzle. Love you Bubba. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole Mystique marriage concept you amazingly brouight up. If I was married to her she would have to change into my mom or a dude to get me out of the bedroom. As for Jason I saw a picture from this week's new episode where Russell has Jason in his clutches. I am starting to worry. I am shocked you didn't mention anything about the preggers fae B though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yeah on Alan B leaving. It's been out there, but we have been remiss in not discussing it so far you're right. I asked K Bauer von S. about it in my interview. She seems to think the show will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Sorry for being behind in my recaps.. I ve been traveling and involved in the Olypics and not enough time for TB.. But rest assured I am back and ready ..My apologies Jell I love u dearly and all your work..So sad I missed Pam Cakes interview but I did toast your effort to myself alone in a room.
    So I may go back and I may go forward so cut me some slack.. A lot of questions .. couple theories ..and I m sure a couple tangents..
    First off JSTACK--Love this dude more and more every day probably..The guy is on the outside of all the superpowers yet he finds a way to tie everythign together with all the different groups.. I mean he is the greatest super-crosshumper of all time.. Hottie Vamp (Check)...Hottie Were (Check)...Hottie Humans (Check).. he may not have any special powers per se but he knows how to make out with the Supers. Love, as Jell has s eloquently pointed out, his subtle comedic moments that can be overlooked (under the dress doll move AWESOME)... I remember as kid stripping my sister's Barbie just so I could see what was under there ..Why ?? WHy not? and why doesn't Barbie have Nipples..not exactly anatomically correct.. Loved JSTACK finding the hollow floor board and having his puffy chest moment, cmon we all felt Proud of him for outthinking SOOKIE. His Hoyt scenes were very emotional and showed the essence of what JSTACK is about ..He bore his soul and left it all out there vulnerability staring at us through the screeen.
    Now I wasnt sad to see Hoyt go and I really enjoyed Laffa's comment..."I would rather have seen him whacked" but the Merlotte's scene was very powerful to me ..Pure unadulturated emotion ..I mean I could actually feel Hoyt's pain and the desparation he held inside..He couldnt let it go no matter what he did the PAIN was always there.. I know your pain Hoyt I felt it .. When my HS girlfriend told me after I made her an AWESOME mix tape that I was too nice it CRUSHED me and still sticks to me this day. Crushed me ..wish I could have had the glamour option b/c you Kerry Murphy you crushed me..
    Jessica was so poised and yet emotional in that scene ..She knew the pain Hoyt felt and unlike Jason she knew it was never going to be OK in Hoyt's life with those memories in his head. She had to let him go b/c he needed to be free of this and all she wanted was for him to find happiness and someoen who could love him as much as he loved her.. The GBYE truck scene was awesome b/c up until then JSTACK prob thought things could come back and he could have his Bubba back, but as they talked he knew he had to let him go as well and with him going another part of JSTACK was taken away.. JSTACK is enduring a good amount of pain and hurt but in the end he is Kelly Clarkson.."What doesnt Kill you makes you Stronger " JSTACK..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok sorry I rambled .. preggo Fairy didnt even notice that was Andy's slam fairy.. and now she has his seed not sure why but very confused by that .. What is point of this?

    The whole Warlow thing blows my mind ..don't even know where to go there.
    Loved Tara and again to agree with Lafa she is much better as vamp than she was human .. Didnt expect the chopping the head off Pee Wee Herman from Buffy the Vampire Slayer but loved the whole UNDER ARMOUR.. WE must protect this HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!! and deep down Pamcakes dug it as well .. Time to draw lines and pick your friends b/c schit is going down and not like teen age boy on his prom date..Like Braveheart Battle of Fallkirk style.. Limbs and lives be gone...
    Finally loved the General Zod Superman II reference and 1/2 expected Eric to do that as well.. Eric seems to be smelling Bill's motive but something in the scenes caused me to abandon this theory ..Bill drinking the blood and sayign he is the CHOSEN ONE>..WTF is that about.. Eric aint buyign the hype... Neither am I ..Eric got the msg when Godric ( I LOVE YOU MAN ) appeared he understands that this was a vison and not to be taken seriously ..more of teachable moment.. SOmetimes you gotta get by until the time is right to make your move..I think Bill was controlling the vision in some sort as he was playing with buttons the whole time .. and although WE didnt see image it doesnt mean HE didnt.
    The downfall of Russell is the desire to DAYWALK ..Eric & Bill kind of made eye contact when he mentioned this .. they got him before they will find his weakness again and the SUN will set them free..
    Who or what the F is Warlow?? have I missed soemthing here? Any other predictions? thoughts? Where does this go? Where do the Wolves play what side are they on? Shifters? ..Someone save me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warlow is Bill thoughts on this ?? We know he has TON of background on Sookies family ?? and the backstory of his daughter dying earlier in year..maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mute so good to have you back. I too stripped a Barbie or two in my day and maybe even made my sister red with fury when I would make her do it with G.I. Joe while Ken watched but it also lead me to believe a most embarrassing misconception. Because of the anatomically incorrectness of said Mattel icon I naively thought women didn’t get nipples until they had babies. Why tap the keg if it wasn’t going to be drank. I Hate You Kerry Murphy! For breaking my man Mute’s heart.
    I respect the hell out of the Buffy reference. “I’m immortal I can do anything!” Oh yeah? Clap. He had all kinds of files on her family and ancestors as you pointed out and I think it pertains to the agreement that he was to receive the first Fae/fairy baring female born to her blood line. Think back to the whole “Sookie is MINE!” stuff. According to that piece of paper she is actually his I guess but he didn’t foresee falling in love with her I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. re. the last part of my previous comment. "He" meaning Bill, not pee wee herman vampire Elijah. Was sort of run on comments there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never put together that Pregger Fae was Andy's stunt V either!!!!...i respect that lsr as of late.....i will wait to say anything but was shocked at some of er actions from this past week...really was.

    PS-WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!--miss you mutedric. Your a sweet georigia peach mute, but ya know ya are

    ReplyDelete