Monday, July 4, 2011

There's a New Sheriff In Town

Pam might not be able to walk into one but what she said was church this week. While unintentionally echoing the lyrics of 50 Cent and Justin Timberlake who once sang "Ayo, I'm tired of using technology," she laid out on of the largest issues facing vampires today, fukkin technology. She of course was talking about the dude with the iPhone prohibiting them from getting violent with he protesters, but I think it also was a nod to the movement we learned about headed by Nan and the development of things like Tru Blood.
While vampires like Pam yearn for the old days, ones like Nan have been busy recruiting vampires like Bill who want a different way of existence. If I may once again refer to Mr. Cent and Timberlake's ballad, Nan was all over Bill like "Baby this a new age, you like my new craze. Let's get together maybe we can start a new phase." So it was bills job all along to unseat the king and queen. To help usher in a more P.C. breed of vampires. Democrats if you will who want to change the old ways that seemed to work.

Love landlord Northman..."I'll see to it that gets repaired." Guy can make an entrance can't he? Marnie though got him good though didn't she? It was like she did her own wicken version of glammorring. Then she snaps to and claims she blacked out and didn't remember what happened like Will Ferrel in the debate scene from Old School. I don't buy this whole routine by her though. I think she is well aware of her powers and the whole Innocent/blacking out thing is reminiscent of Ed Norton's character Aaron from Primal Fear who claimed to "lose time" and experience similar blackouts when his alter persona would take over. She scared the fangs off E.N. though didn't she. That was wild.

I like the whole light/dark magic aspect Jesus explained. Can you be lured into dark magic though like a Jedi can be seduced by the Dark Side? Confusing this story line is.

Luna...wow. Although I'm a little worried we may learn a disturbing secret down the road. When she started sharing her old school Navajo roots and how she shifted into her mother, I wondered what if she was born a boy and has been living as her mom? That would make my skin walk right the fuk out the room. Until then I am going to fully enjoy the naughty school teacher aspect.

Tommy wants to be brothers and Sam said they need to chip away at it like Shawshank. Not sure of standing nude in the woods together is the best way to begin the healing process but whatever.


I would think fantasia would have better bathrooms than that. Some private stalls etc. Those blue stalls reminded me of my high school bathrooms. Not even a guy offering gum or breath mints? Come on!
Jessica's development has been tremendous so far though. When she walked into the club the room pulsated as she seemingly called out to her boy toy.

Speaking of eating who you want, good on Bill for giving the procurer the night off so he could get on his buxom spy. I was waiting for him to turn on the vampire twist speed though instead he just kept it human like. Maybe you have to work up to that kind of throw down. Interesting he didn't tell Nan about Sookie's secret. I'm really loving the flashbacks especially the one that showed Bill call in his human gun men to finish what he couldn't.

Never was a big fan of Crystal but I did like seeing her all hopped up on V. How bout that nut job Timbo licking Jason. I couldn't help but see Arnie from What's Eating Gilbert Grape, whenever he came on screen. "Match in the gas tank, boom boom!"









What was with Sookie seeing the evil fairies/goblins coming at her when Tara surprised her? i too liked the way Fairy Sook talked but we need some more clarity on what went down in Tinkerbell Hell.



So much to cover, I'm overwhelmed. My hand is shaking like Andy's DT's. I'll leave it to you all to fill in the blanks.

My fav quotes:

Jason: It's not that I don't appreciate all the licking cause I do I'm just more of a
band aid kind of guy.

Protester: I am a Christian god damnit!

Sookie: You're snipers didn't mention you had company.

Bill: Eric has friends in high places.

Nan: Go clean yourself up, you're covered in queen.

Pam: Did I miss something are we girls now, did we join a book club and read some queer chicklet memoir so now we're bonded together by estrogen?

Sookie: Thanks for the advice but I will never be Eric Northmans puppet!
Pam: Mmmm shame for you then. He pulls good string.

Eric: There is no behind my back I am everywhere
Marnie: What's in it for me?
Eric: I said this was a deal not a negotiation. Lafayette do I negotiate?!?!

11 comments:

  1. Ight then, So..i'm actually SOOOOOOO pumped about where the show is going! I must admit that the first ep was V V V V mediocs and even tho i said that i liked where it was going, i was def a bit worried about where it was...that is no more.

    Jell, tween ur Fiiddy, old school and Star wars references and i just want you to know that i like you....more than a friend. I mean that. The witches/wickesn dark side of magic thing is gonna really turn out to be something and i like that, i like that alot. "confusing this is...HAHA"

    One place that i will have to take issue with you however is ur hurtful words about my Luna. Listen, if luna has a d, then you can call me Ru paul, cuz i'm in, and i dont care who knows it.

    I will say this; i think that Luna being able to shift into someone she kills could either bode poorly for the brothers Doggy or it will be something that she teaches to them which will bode very poorly for the rest Bon Temps with tommy's little badass, u KNOW he will be up to no good.

    Said it before and i will say it again, LOVE what is going down with that sexy ass jessica. I was hoping that she was goig back to fangatsia to shred the antagonisers at teh rally but i love where they are taking her regardless.

    Jason a wereppanther!?!?! YES!!! FINALLY! knew that had to give that mofo some kinda power, not sure why we had to wait as long as we did! have to imagine he is gonna shred crystals BF once he's turned but we'll see.

    Last but certanly not least....how amaze was it when bill was shredding the witch. yep. that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Jell.
    Witches, were panthers, fairy's, vamps twisting while feeding, where do I begin?

    I want to focus on our main man Eric. Here is a 2000+ year old vamp that has powers that most other vamps dont understand. And in one little cirlce of trust he is suddenly powerless. Now looking back at the scene... his fangs retract and he gets out of there. Then Sookie finds him wandering around not knowing anything. At first I am thinking he's alive and no longer a vamp, but then he asks her why she smells so good. So we know he's a vamp still, but it seems like a very young one. I think Marnie and her crew were on the right track to making him "alive" again and they were just rewinding his vamp clock to bring him back to life. 2000 years is a lot of rewinding. so here we have him, no memory of the past 2k years or what he is or how he got there.

    I have to agree with Jell on Marnie "blacking out". total bs. she is just like Mary Anne and knows what she is doing. she is using her little crew to harness their powers and strength.

    I do like where this season is going. Jessica looks great and is really coming into her own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to me that E-roc is now just confused as to who he is/as well as anyone else, he does however know that he wants him some of that fairy goodies, which is exactly what he was worried was gonna happen when the other vamps got a hold of what sookie was.....in the words of whoopie golberg in ghost "ur in danger girl"

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha Say Sam Wheat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, great idea on eric's vamp timeline getting wound backwards to that of a younger, more naive (and obviously less powerfil) vampire. i would not have gotten there myself on this episode's closing scene alone, but totally think you're onto something there tru-nutz. well played.


    i disagree w the group though on the seance - i don't think Marnie blacked out. I think she's somewhat of a lame duck leader. All of a sudden Jesus and Lafayette enter the circle, and this stuff - dead turning back to life - starts happening. Coincidence? I think not. I think based on what we've seen with the Lafayette V flashbacks/hallucinations from earlier seasons, he's got a power or ability to tap into something on the "other side" that he does not yet himself even realize. i think it was his presence at the seance that brought that dead bird back to life, and it was his participation in the circle that ultimately overcame Eric. Notice, Lafayette was not going to participate on doing anything to Eric or in the hand holding (he knows better - "Eric ususally gets his way" i think was what he said) UNTIL cousin Tara was at risk... Eric was about to dig into her like a thanksgiving turkey, so he jumped on that wicken bandwagon in a knee jerk reaction to help her somehow, anyhow he could. there's something with him, i'm nearly positive. don't think it's black majic (that pun would be too obvious/painful, plus lafayette, drug dealer or not is deep down a good, standup dude, although at times a bit meek) but it's something he's got that makes him special.

    eggs scene was great - i broke a dish (or two) in a fight w my husband once, so i got a real kick out of that - but i've had salmonella before and trust me, it's about as much fun as it sounds. it was beyond miserable. wouldn't risk getting it just to prove a point to my sig other but it was some good tv. well done HBO.

    random stuff, but did anyone else notice the painting of the cartoon girl throwing up in a toilet in the fangtasia bathroom? was that commissioned artwork or just bathroom graffitti? couldn't tell. or did anyone notice that arlene's baby satan had an unusual amount of baby drool on the baby bjorn? i mean, it was totally distracting, i could barely look at the kid himself. all these little details were popping out at me this week for some reason....

    back to eric: CRAP. i'm realizing if he's just a weenie junior varsity vampire now, will he forget he owns sookie's house? will he stop taking advantage of his ownership and put a hault to walking in on her showering? man, i hope not. i want to see them get together. now i feel like it might not happen if he's just a wittle kid. ugh, sadness.

    in other words, while an inappropriate venue to vent, i'm sure want to say that i'd really like to see a real live vampire suck the living shiznit out of Casey Anthony. And not eric either, someone sketchy and mean and effed up, like Franklin. Or worse, let a Maryann loose on that little beeotch. Jason Stackhouse and Idiot Andy look like a PhDs next to those Orlando jurors. Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah - also - in the seance with eric, Marnie's face was flashing between hers and someone else's. i tried to stop and rewind, to get a hold of the frame to see who's face it was, but couldn't. is it someone entirey new? a younger, prettier or scarier version of marnie? no idea. curious if anyone did the recon on that. i assume it has some significance, and i assume we will find out more in future episodes, but i'm kinda dying to know now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!! Marnie's face totally kept flashing, I noticed that too. I agree that Lafayette brings some power to the group and I love that he jumped in to save Tara. I think they just erased Eric's memory to make him feel powerless so he can't intimidate people.

    Pam was dynamite per usual. Are we girls now?? Shapeshifters are growing on me, don't really care if Luna has a D or not, but for Sam's sake of messed up past relationships I hope she's purebred. Tommy is a midget, it has to be said and Tru-Nutz knows his little sis is a fan of dem shorties. He is just a little twerp.

    It was hard for me to not laugh at Nan's 80s getup, but Bill's was badass. Interesting how that plot went back 30 something years, but don't you think the Queen deserved a better ending than shot by Bill's snipers?

    Hotshot is weird (I prefer Jason as Sookie's dumb, hot brother), Arlene's baby was drooling an abnormal amount, and Tinker Hell is also weird.

    Not to get into the books since Alan Ball does his own thing but Claudine is supposed to be like the Angelina Jolie of Fairies, not some random British Woman who looks like she's wearing a sparkly leftover costume from Ricky's Halloween sale. Disappointed.

    Overall, love love lovedddd the episode and where the show is going.

    Forgot to mention Jessica earlier, but loving that storyline as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok it's Thursday and I 'm still excited, creeped out and confused ..The comments have helped some but all in all more questions.
    Eric obviously got glammored by that freaky witch and I think she has taken some of his powers or made him more human. She mentioned that they wanted to bring a dead person back to life maybe she knew Eric was coming ??? Is she Bill's spy on inside ??? Is this part of Bill's plan to eliminate Eric from the picture. Bill knew he had to get Eric there for a reason me thinks this is it.. Seeing Eric in weakened state is pathetic but not as pathetic as ....
    Jason getting turned into panther WTF is that ??? That whole process blows me away I mean what is the purpose ? And if it does happen how totally effed up is the Stackhouse family?? They have fairy blood and now panther powers?? What's next ? Heat vision, ability to fly, invisibility , a magic lasso... actually that could be cool.. I mean if I was looking to breed some banged up individuals with powers I'd be flying to Louisianna to put my seed in Sookie..Side note Jason's abs are sick I mean I m straight but I'd def spend a quiet Saturday with him drinking Bud's and bouncing quarters off his 6 -pack...
    FPB (Jessica's new name) is tremendous she is this season's take the bull by the horns front runner .. She wants/needs piece and decides to go get some. She tells Sookie to f off while she's pulling a Rothlisberger with her boy toy in the stall... Genius I say.. She's gaining momentum each episode and I dig it .. Hoyt enjoy it why you can bc you are on the outs... I respect your desire Hoyt but you can't compete this is way over your head son and it is time for you to take your seat on the pine.

    Sookie will u just give in to Eric you know u want it ... But it appears she finds comfort in her old werewolf buddy/protector this week, which is cool too b/c I like his game ... Still she is obsessed with Bill and won't let it go and it is starting to get on my nerves. Also what was deal with the fairy/ghoul sighting when Tara came back? Will she get that image every time imminent danger is coming like her own Fairy Spider sense???

    Tara and her lesbo gf are very hot even when they talk on the phone it gets me riled up..She is in for it but a part of me thinks she may get out of dodge and leave this all behind her..

    Lafayette obviously has some sick gay black magic powers which is interesting I wonder if he starts to take control of this group as he starts to realize the depths of his powers...But as they say with great power comes great responsibilty...Another Superhero ref I know ..

    Nan I think I dig her and a part of me thinks she's going to get nude with Bill and get some serious vamp gratuitous sex scenes going ... Sign me up..

    Like I said more questions then answers..Some weird power struggles coming soon?

    ReplyDelete
  9. "She tells Sookie to f off while she's pulling a Rothlisberger with her boy toy in the stall"

    Special!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    "What's next ? Heat vision, ability to fly, invisibility , a magic lasso... actually that could be cool.. I mean if I was looking to breed some banged up individuals with powers I'd be flying to Louisianna to put my seed in Sookie..Side note Jason's abs are sick I mean I m straight but I'd def spend a quiet Saturday with him drinking Bud's and bouncing quarters off his 6 -pack..."


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHH!

    I think out of all the people on this show w/ special gifts Mutedric may indeed be the most dangerous/awesome of them all!!

    ReplyDelete