Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Drink the Bitch

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. But I think a fourth rule should be to make sure Pam is no where near you when some shit is about to go down.


How many times has Eric been in a "life or death" situation and lost the upper hand because of Pam. The Yakuza got the drop on her back in France when he was twisting out in the field, then she got silvered at the charity event in Texas just when Eric got his hands on Sarah Newlin. And this week, she turned a gun on herself rendering Eric helpless to carry out his will.
I love you Pam-cakes, but get your shit together girl!

So Eric didn't get to kill Sarah, but he did get cured. After seeing such a weakened version of our favorite fanger, it was great to see him get back into game shape.


The good times quickly came to a halt though as we cut to Sookie and Bill's pillow talk scene. This was the first of several scenes that harkened back to old episodes.

But frankly I've had enough of Bill and his Belvedere bottle complexion.

Bill can't escape his past, but thankfully we did, as we were spared any loathsome flashbacks this week.

Meanwhile across town Lettie Mae got the Rev to drink V and trip balls with her and Lafayette.

It was all about finding the gun she hid from her bad bad daddy and getting her Mom to let her go.
 
Oh well, Tara finally got the goodbye she deserved I guess so that was a plus. The real story here though was the family who just sat back and didn't call the cops while these nuts dug up their front yard and walked right into their home.
So Hoyt was kind of a dick. I know your mom just died, but show Bridget some respect. Of course her wanting kids and Hoyt on the opposite side of the fence seemed to be paving the way for her and Jason to hook up. Recall a few episodes ago when Andy told Jason that a man isn't anything without family.

Jason still rocking the flip phone gets a couple disturbing text messages from Violet. All things aside, good for Viole being so tech savvy. Can you imagine all the stuff she has had to learn over her years? I wonder if she voice to texts like my mom does. I guess they're right. Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose.
She certainly got the jump on our boy and laid the smack down, despite Jason's gun show. In case you haven't seen the shape our boy is in recently. 
Violet may be a modern woman in some respects, but she went Medieval when it came to choosing the means of torturing and killing her captives. If you ask me Wade was gonna get off the easiest. Next would be Adilyn who was going to get the "breast ripper." What Violet had in store for Jessica though was almost too much for me to fathom. Like I don't even know if I can make a joke about it. We should get her and Ramses together.
Hoyt redeemed himself by coming to the rescue and sparked that old flame that used to burn in Jess. 

 From there the interactions between this love triangle were some of my favorite moments of the episode. Hoyt went to check on Jessica and pay his respects to Bill, in a scene that called to mind another time where they stood on opposite sides of the same door.

Bridget meanwhile checked in on Jason and sized up the competition by asking if Jess was his girlfriend. Jason's lack of a definitive answer pretty much sealed the deal for their time together, but their conversation was great. "I never felt betrayed by you, not even when you were being a dick." He always gave her what she needed when she needed it. Jason's brain is half filled bathtub, but he got pretty deep with his bubble metaphor.
He told Jess he would be there if she needed him, but that kiss sure felt like it was a kiss goodbye.
 Hoyt joined Jason at the BB&G for breakfast and a taste of the familiar.


Jason: Well ain't no fun thinking about the hard things. Which is why I spend so much time not thinking.
 Then over a pair of morning Miller Lights they discussed what is fair in life.



I jumped the gun a bit, mentioning Hoyt at Jessica's, but there was one other part that was worth mentioning. Preparing for a loss of her own, Jessica asked him if he missed his mother, to which he answered "yes and no."


 So Hoyt and Jess look like they will reunite. Bridget will certainly be another notch on Jason's belt at some point, but will there be more to that? And my call regarding Sookie is that she ends up with Eric. Eric who showed surprising emotion when he found out Bill was sick. 

Tex has the cure, but the problem is it works too well. He wants to find a way to lessen it's efficacy. Man if that wasn't a shot at Big Pharma and a nod to all the conspiracy theories out there. Sookie's blood caused the virus to accelerate in Bill, so I'm guessing her blood could also be used to achieve the desired potency. Just spit balling here.The whole glamouring scene could have been epic, but I felt it fell flat. 
No flashbacks for Bill as mentioned, but one flash forward to Sookie in a rocking chair holding what looked like a baby smoke monster from LOST. 
 
 Pam did have one saving moment when Bill limped into Fangtasia and she remarked "You look like shit." Bill can only give Sookie death, so he is not going to take the cure?

 Speaking of "why?" Have you seen Anna Paquin's new hair?

Probably one of my least favorite episodes of the season, but there was some good to be found. Only two episodes left. I'm hoping in the end I will be like:
Instead of:
Or:





10 comments:

  1. Okay so first of all. Do you really always get 12 hours of sleep? Please tell your secrets and tricks on doing so as father of two. This is mind-boggling if what you were speaking is truth.

    Second of all yes what Violet had in store for Jessica is basically unmentionable. After watching that scene on Sunday night, I still can't walk straight - and it's Wednesday afternoon. And clearly all I did was watch a TV show. OMG. Writers are crazy! Again, this is NOT Fifty Shades. GROSS and DISTURBING. I know HBO basically has carte blanche to do whatever the hell they want, but seriously. How did that get past the critics/rating people? And to think that viewers got all pissed off when the brother shagged his queen sister at shitface Joffery's casket in Game of Thrones when it was never part of the book? The burning dildo is way more gratuitous. GOT had nothing on this. Unnecessary. Not to get all Women's Lib on people here, but seriously that level of violence should not be on television. Getting off soapbox now…

    On a lighter note, I'm so glad that Hoyt is leading to his own demise with Bridget. If Jason Stackhouse just randomly had sex with her by accident Just because he can't control himself otherwise, I honestly would shit myself. I mean, come on. At least now there is a storyline. And an entryway for young sweet Jessica to get back with Hoyt. Unless he remembers the past? Or maybe finds out how his momma died? Although I feel like this new Hoyt, even if he did remember the past, would get over it once he realizes he's found his true love again.

    I laughed out loud at your Belvedere reference., Jell. Because honestly, It is so distracting and all I can think about when I see Bill and his dark speedily moving little veins is that he doesnt look like a fantasy vampire dying from an STD!!! Noooo goddamnit! I'll tell you what he looks like....Have any of you dudes looked at your wives - Really looked at your wives (or baby mammas) post baby? If not, or if you forget, I will tell you:
    1. We are pale (Even if its summer, and even if its a choice!!). Maybe a symptom of anemia? Vamps not drinking as much these days either..
    2. Our eyes look tired. Maybe not tearing blood tired, but still. Even on the good days, you kinda look more tired than you want to look.
    3. Have you seen a lactating woman's boobs?? I mean... I do -every day - and if they're one thing (other than big) they are VEINEY!!!
    I'm telling you - whoever is the make up supervisor or costume designer for these sick hep V fangers has definitely been around nursing mothers before because it's like veins galore dammit!!*** I ****look like*** I*** have Hep V!

    Annnndddddd.....I digress. So in scenes from next week, we are hinted to Sookie and Eric having relations? Really Sook? If she goes from Bill to Eric with only one breather episode in the middle, I'll be shocked. Well not really, but come on. Is that necessary? Although I suppose if it happens it also means that Eric. Will. Get. Naked!!!! Ahh aah, and I bet he'll look so good too, considering he's no longer disease stricken.Therefore, all production/directorial/writing sins will be forgiven. It's been too long. Far too long. And nobody shags as well as Sook and Eric. Game of marry, shag, kill anyone?? Just don't invite Tamra to the wrap party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS – And a big Hells Yeah! for no more sepia hued Bill flashbacks. I hate old movies so I don't want to see them in my new TV shows. Praise the LAWD! Lettie Mae's storyline finally wrapping up, thank you Geezus!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! All the awards! So well done Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great recap Jell of a very mediocre episode. Fist off I would like to say I couldn't be happier that Lettie Mae's storyline is done. I was on the verge of hitting fast forward every time she showed up. The foggy lets follow Tara around scenes so we can keep her in the show even after she met the true death was getting very annoying and more of a filler than actually moving the story along. Who cares if Lettie needed to let her go.

    Eric curing his hep V was great. Does that mean he is vaccinated against the virus and can be with Sookie now? Lets talk about our girl Sook. The 'love of her life", Alcide, literally died like 3 days ago in the shows timeline. Since then she's been with Bill again and by the looks of it she'll be with Eric again. Some mourning process. I honestly think the only character she hasn't hooked up with is her brother. At this point they should just finish the show without her. Done with her whole act.

    "The real story here though was the family who just sat back and didn't call the cops while these nuts dug up their front yard and walked right into their home." I thought the same exact thing. At first I was like ok, the Rev came over and they trust him. Next thing you know he's sucking up some Vamp blood and they are wondering around this family's house. Just redic.

    Violet finally met her true death after 500 years. I guess it was some poetic justice that Hoyt was the one to do it since she killed his mama (even though he has no idea she did). We don't need to speak about what she wanted to do to our girl Yessica because that was some fkd up sht. Seriously, I wonder how that went down in the writer's room. "Yeah, the titty twister sounds great, but we should have Violet threaten Jess with this thing" and he holds up a doodle he's been working on during the creative meeting process.

    So after only 140 years, I guess Vampire Bill is ready to meet his true death and maybe meet his true love again. He realizes that he has no real future with Sookie. Don't you think he could've told Sook and Jess he didn't want the cure at his house. Like hey girls, don't wake me up. I don't want to drive over to Fangtasia, crawl through some underground railroad tunnel and have to see Sarah again. Please leave me alone and don't wake me until the final season of Boardwalk is on.

    Well MGC all I can say is after watching my wife go through what you're going through twice, you'll come out the other side fine. Except you'll still be tired. We haven't slept more than 6 or 7 hours straight in over 5 years. I'm sure Jell doesn't get much sleep either between work, kids and blogs. Laffa def loves a nice 12 hour snoozer and LeighCourt still crushes the half day lights out routine. Must be nice.

    Looking forward to the finale in two weeks. I hope it's epic. This show deserves a great ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to agree----Pamcakes really seems to be getting E in the way of some real trouble in the last couple centuries no?...i feel like this is the third mexican standoff that the big man has been in in as many weeks!...come on pamcakes…ur bette than this…with that said….Eric is gonna live for-EVA! (stay calm leigh Courtney)….

    And just when im feeling good abt the show and loving everything that is going down, back to stupid sookie and bill…I actually had a convo wih a client of mine this am that sums how I feel up perfectly;

    lic20 [08:27:44 AM]: gm! ty
    lic20 [08:27:51 AM]: btw....hate Bill Compton
    lic20 [08:27:53 AM]: more than usual
    cambam44 [08:28:05 AM]: u know what?
    cambam44 [08:28:07 AM]: dont.
    cambam44 [08:28:10 AM]: hopefully he dies
    lic20 [08:28:17 AM]: ha very true.
    cambam44 [08:28:19 AM]: and he takes her with him

    and…..scene.

    And HERE is where my man jell sucks me back in….not even sure it’s the show at this point….its more the blog “”its more blog than show at this point….twisted and EVIL”….K WIG AS SNOW WHITE!!! LOVE IT!!....
    Ps---I mean did we REALLY do all that for the tara gbye?....im still kinda thinkin she aint dead!!! Lame.

    I mean when Vampires move the way the do through this world (Ludacrisspeed) does my man Jason REALLY think that he’s gonna get the drop on violet in the dojo? Come on man. While I do love me some J Stackhouse, that’s just stupid even for a bumbeling idiot. Mean that. Ps-a friend of mine broke the news to me that she hooked up with him…says he was the consummate gentleman and didn’t twist. While I PERSONALLY don’t believe that, im sure its what you gals would like to believe so I wont ruin it for u. take that with u.

    Sick referece w/ hoyt and yessica…you. you’re good you. also “Sookie's blood caused the virus to accelerate in Bill, so I'm guessing her blood could also be used to achieve the desired potency.”……NOW WE TALKIN…maybe they completely drain sookie and rip her boobie off and then do whatever violet was gonna do to pam and then have a BM on her ashes and that’s how the show ends??? (maybe that’s just my fantasy but)


    As much as I hate sook, I LOVE the new hair. That’s fun.

    Couple of notables:

    MGC—1.) Monday and Tuesday night 12 hours IS my rule and usually around 3.5-0 for the rest but it feels RIGHT
    2.) as much as I loved the women lib rant, and especially the kingslayer slaying his sister queen over their prince son’s corpse….go easy. I’s seeing these things that helps us to feel much more normal/better abt our lives..you’re welcome
    3.) and most important…3. Have you seen a lactating woman's boobs?? I mean... I do -every day - and if they're one thing (other than big) they are VEINEY!!! ………..soooo when does the bad part happen? =)….

    Troy…..
    1.) "The real story here though was the family who just sat back and didn't call the cops while these nuts dug up their front yard and walked right into their home." I’ve been on the laffa/lettie/rev side of that one more times that I would like to admit old friend, usually the people so in shock that they just get out the way =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Troy- "Seriously, I wonder how that went down in the writer's room. "Yeah, the titty twister sounds great, but we should have Violet threaten Jess with this thing" and he holds up a doodle he's been working on during the creative meeting process."

    That is special.

    But this- "Well MGC all I can say is after watching my wife go through what you're going through twice, you'll come out the other side fine."

    LIES! Nursing babies suck the life out of their mothers breasts, they drain them dry of all their goodness. If I had known about this before, my kids would have been on a steady diet of Strawberry Quick and I would still have my two best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the babies in Von temps drink strawberry quick. And Mountain Dew.

    Sitting in a whole foods (hingham ma - aren't I in mut-dawg land?) and in walks I wearing of Bon temps football T-shirt. I kid you not. Jell... Know what to getcha for Xmas.

    Yes Troy, that was special. And yes Lafffa - you are right. I do feel way much better about myself, great point. Not as good as I feel after watching RHWOC bu better than after a good KUWK episode.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is ADORABLE how much my brother loves his wife (like they are that rare breed of high school sweethearts fairtytale) but lemme tell you that I was there to babysit a few weeks ago when they were getting ready for a wedding and she point blank said "don't have kids leigh, your body will never be the same." SWEAR. So maybe I have to trust my sis in law on this but IDK- T-Nutz is a breast man so I should trust his words on this. Ask him about my mom getting called into school when he was like 5 because he was drawing nipples on his "W"s in class.

    Anyway, no babies anytime soon. That's half the reason I got a puppy.

    Second- thanks all for making me laugh after a long week (packing almost as painful as watching a lettie mae storyline for EIGHT EPISODES).

    So I see this comment: Troy- "Seriously, I wonder how that went down in the writer's room. "Yeah, the titty twister sounds great, but we should have Violet threaten Jess with this thing" and he holds up a doodle he's been working on during the creative meeting process."

    --And my bleary eyes thought it said "and he holds up a DOODIE he's been working on" and I started cracking up because when I initially watched I thought that Violet had some flaming piece of poo on the fire poker, it didn't even look like a D at first.

    I'm just wondering how this whole Jess and Hoyt biz is gonna play out...I assume he gets his memories back because didn't it look like he was decking J Stack in the previews? Also it would just be too messed up for Jess to dupe him like that. Agree that they are setting up for a reunion though.

    So how can Sook end up with Eric if she can't twist without giving someone Hep V? Didn't Arlene say you can't have sex if you have Hep V?

    Bill is def on his way out. I mean...I hope that those boring loser flashbacks have been for SOME reason. And relax with thinking you bring darkness into Sook's life because that bitch cray and she loves it.

    Also Laffa: Eric is gonna live for-EVA! (stay calm leigh Courtney)…
    I'm only freaking out because I thought you were referencing the movie Fear with the for-EVA when Marky Mark carves a "4 EVA" on his chest for Reese, which is a truly classic flick.

    Two more eps...c'mon TB don't let us down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Re: my sleep, I wish I still got that much. But after a few really deprived nights I got those 12 hours last night. It felt like magic.

    Also MGC I have a feeling I'll be buying that Bon Temps Football Tee for Troy after outing that childhood story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched the penultimate episode last night and just you wait. Jason's Bon Temps H.S. football tee makes a big appearance.

    ReplyDelete