Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Fake It to Make It


So I am sorry to have gone MIA last week. I was on vacation and did not get to watch last week's episode until this Sunday before the most recent episode. There was no doubt a lot of great stuff in there, so below I offer up my favorite moments of Episode 6 before getting into this week.

Bill trying to get his affairs was a not so subtle commentary on our legal system and begged the question, who are the real blood suckers. All I could think of though as he took his number and waited his turn was.
Loved how he just lost it and dispensed with that leech and her vampire assistant. Maybe Bill better call Saul.

Then there was Violet's, well everything. Not gonna lie, I like her old school you are mine approach, but also liked her versatility of spirit when she changed up the game. The look on Jason's face when she was about to go down on him was priceless, cause you know he was worried she was going to realize he had put his sugar stick in someone else's Fun Dip. (How great was Fun Dip btw?)
For me though the best part was the aftermath of Eric fighting the Yakuza despite being exhausted and out of breath.
We first caught up with Eric and Pam again to start this week on True Blood Season 7 Episode 7.
Gus proposed a business venture which Pam of course was skeptical of , but you had to love Gus's response.


Loved Eric waking Pam up. I get the same response in my house. (MGC not a word to Rox!)
 

Proving himself worthy of his additional screen time was Gus Jr

Unlike Cush's dad in Jerry Maguire, his world really did prove stronger than oak as he waited for Eric and Pam before going to get Sarah. They were so sure he had fukked them, which made for a great scene, when there he was waiting for them in the driveway. 


While they took a rather unorthodox route toward finding a scientific antidote to the virus, Sookie looked for a cure to her problems through some non-conventional means.

Anna Paquin delivered her best scenes of True Blood Season 7 this week, the best of which came when Jessica questioned Sookie's refusal to accept what appeared to be an inevitable outcome for Bill.
Sookie: How can you not believe in miracles and magic when they're happening all around us every single day? There's a miracle just out there just waiting for Bill. I just have to go out there and find it.

Fully aware of the magic of her people (and out of options) Sookie cashed in her Fairy Godfather card and called Niall. Getting to see Rutger Hauer eat spaghetti a second time was a treat in itself, but the the life lesson he showed Sookie was, of course, the most important part of his return.
He reminded her there is magic in the ordinary, in the things we CAN see.

He showed her the birth of Bill's first child as an example of such magic. All Sookie heard, though, was that Niall could not help Bill. He had dealt a serious blow to her belief that everything would work out.

Sam and Arlene also had a discussion about fighting the cruel hand of fate. 
Sam: At what point does the guy whose house keeps getting hit by a tornado call it a day?
Sam wondered if he was as crazy for wanting to stay in Bon Temps. So over a few shots of Monkey Shoulder whiskey, Arlene summed it up for him. While she isn't happy, her best shot to be so is in Bon Temps because; that is where her family is. Sam's best shot, however, is with Nicole and their child - and for Nicole that is anywhere but Bon Temps.
Arlene's prospects for happiness did take a positive turn though with Keith. Any number of sexual innuendos could be made to go along with that pool table sex dream. Even if it wasn't real, it was a good throwback to the early days when vampires flexed their skills by effortlessly disrobing their partners before throwing them the turbo hips.
But it was Keith's sudden appearance in real life that gave him ball in hand. (I couldn't help myself.)
Arlene told him she was Hep V positive and couldn't have sex. Keith opted for the Al Cervic "so what? so let's dance." As he took her hand, I couldn't help think of another dance scene where a timid female took a chance on love and danced with an older man of mystery.



With all that has befallen the people of Bon Temps, it was a joy to see Arlene find a couple moments of happiness. The first was when Hoyt pulled up to the BB&G. I loved how excited she got to see customers and the way she yelled back to Big John full of anticipation.
Then, with Keith, she was able to put aside all the death for a few moments and just dance. She also put aside a prejudice of hers to find happiness in Keith's arms.
We were reminded of the social stigma vampire/human relations still carried, but Arlene showed that even in these late stages of the story, people can change. If Arlene can change, then you can change...EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!



Then there are those whose true nature is unwavering, no matter what happens. For all he has been through and experienced, Jason still could not deny the dog in him as he repeatedly checked out Hoyt's girlfriend. 
Is Jason really going to come between Hoyt and another woman with just three episodes to go?
Hoyt mentioned she was a microbiologist and Jason is a simple organism. Simple or not, I did so love the scene of him vacuuming.


In the True Blood world full of supernatural beings, humans are often mere pawns - but Andy and Holly's story-line was compelling. While the vampire world reeled on the brink of extinction, they were just two parents struggling to find their kids and wondering how they could be expected to protect them in such mad times.

It must be said, however, had Andy not freaked out so badly, perhaps Adilyn and Wade wouldn't have ended up in Violet's sex room.
Violet's motives, of course, were anything but innocent, yet she did come off as quite the hostess at first.
Violet: Okay, so there's a fully stocked fridge with snacks. Sling is over there. Nipple clamps on the bedside table with some erotic oils and handcuffs. Dildos and toys are on the wall.


You knew they were in danger the moment they walked in the place but all I could think about what how different High School would have been if I had a place like that to go to get away from my parents. 
Question...if she had this pleasure palace all along, why the hell were they shacking up at Jason's place?
Her actions have set her on a collision course with Jessica, as well as Andy and Holly. Perhaps Jessica will be able to finally forgive herself if she can help get Adilyn out of this jam.
Lafayette put aside his differences with his aunt to help her find some peace, but they were interrupted before they could find out just what Tara was trying to show them. We left them digging holes like a couple of meth heads Jesse Pinkman would know.

Dr. Ludwig made her first appearance since True Blood Season 4 where we saw her trying to help Pam get over her decomposing curse, but my favorite face from the past had to be Steve Newlin. He hilariously tormented Sarah's hallucinations, but her paranoia will prove real once Eric and the 2 Fast 2 Furious crew catch up with her.
I'm a bit paranoid as well at the prospect of Japanese satellites being able to find me too.
I guess I should take a page out of Sookie's book, who handled the news that Niall is always watching her rather well, all things considered.

Lastly, we were force fed another series of Bill flashbacks. We learned that his marriage was arranged. Lucky for him the woman they chose wasn't as "comely" as he had anticipated. The nature of their relationship is interesting, though, when coupled with Niall telling Sookie how he didn't think Bill was right for her.

Sookie chose to be with Bill to the end regardless. Perhaps a baby is in her future, a baby from Bill. Perhaps in his weakened state, with the virus changing his body, procreation could occur with a human. With just three episodes to go, we won't have long to wait and see. In the meantime I have a new tumblr crush I came across while looking for stuff to use in the blog.
And lastly, to make up for the lack of appreciation I showed Eric when he ripped off the face of that Yakuza thug and dealt with the others a couple weeks back, here is a montage of Eric using his favorite move.










Only three episodes left, it's hard to believe. I am getting nostalgic, but for those who are struggling into the finish line, have faith and...



6 comments:

  1. So basically I said to Jell yesterday am…..if it wasn’t for this site and all of you im pretty sure that I wouldn’t be able to finish this season. I mean this week?....what a joke….sookie twists bill again……big effin WHOOOPIE (no pun intended)…sht is just dumb. ……Tk GOD for this

    Right from the jump you work a “better call saul” link into what would have been the dumbest sequence in this seasons history (the waiting room)…BRILLIANT! (nevermind the beeetlejuice re..amazballs)

    So violet has got me all over the place rt now to be honest……while I do like her whole im also yours routine am I the only one that thought she was DEF gonna snack on this guy’s blood sausage after hearing him with yessica? Wit that said, im pretty sure that I wouldn’t let any vamp (who feeds off my blood to survive) put there mouth near my brown lipstick that only grows when a surplus of blood rushes to it…and that’s all im gonna say abt that.

    And yes fun dip was the bomb.com…lets bring that ish back!

    “Loved Eric waking Pam up. I get the same response in my house. (MGC not a word to Rox!)”….HAHAHAHAHH!


    So I guess that the point of what that exchange with GUS was either to prove that his word actually is oak or that we gonna watch this guy screw them again at sompoint down the road because their allegiance really doesn’t make all that much sense any other way to be honest.

    As much as I preesh the work that u put in to talk abt Sookie and her grandfather and all that….i can honestly say that I hope that somehow re administering Hep V into sookie’s blood stream in front of that fire with bills magic stick somehow causes her to explode. That would be my miracle. And a miracle that I can/NEED to see.

    One thing that DID enjoy was seeing Arlene get her kitty kicked in by the new vamp, there is something abt Arlene that gets me going…..

    Rocky IV was on Monday night right before I watched HOOOOWEEEEEEE! Loves it!

    Can we talk about Jason almost not being able to control himself around hoyts new piece? (im sure we havnt seen the end of that, jess get ur glamour ready)

    And lastly is why I love u so much…..i NEVER put together that Eric has so much Big show/kayne in him and went to finish all of his foes with the dreaded chockeslam!!!!! LOVE the gathering off all of them throughout the years…not sure how something like that would slip by me but I guess in the end if anyone was the “BIG…..SHOW” in TB it would be E rt?? Well done!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally LOL'd at the comment about hoping Sookie explodes. Priceless. Great call on the WWF/E parallels to Eric's go to move. If I'm not mistaken was it not also a favorite of The Undertaker?

      And now that u mentioned it, I too was fearful for Jason when Violet put her head in his lap. That's his favorite toy, but he can't go out like my man "REEK!" from Game of Thrones.

      And the way Jason was bird dogging Hoyt's arm candy had me wondering if we hadn't already met her before, but we haven't I checked, Jason is just that much a slave to his hormones. Who am I to judge though. Last I checked, no one unchained my Django.

      Delete
  2. First of all...where the H E double hockey sticks has my brother been on these boards?!? I'm gonna have to ring him up and have a little talk with Tru-Nutz.

    Jell- wow, might I just say you have truly outdone yourself with the references this week? We've got the Beetlejuice waiting room that has me singing "DAY-OOOO", Cush's dad in Jerry Maguire, Jesse Pinkman, Dirty Dancing, and Rocky IV. You have an eclectic repertoire my friend and I commend you on your movie tastes being across the board.

    Okay onto the episode: Eric and Pam, always a pleasure.
    Arlene- Mazel on that first vamper sex dreams
    Violet- WOW you scare me. Also why the hell has she been staying at Jason's this whole time if she had that f*ck pad?!?
    Bill- I feel like all the flashbacks and Sookie's gramps showing her his kid's birth lead me to believe that Bill will die and be reunited with his one true love. So will Sook end up with Eric? They can't twist if she still has Hep V and he gets cured via Sarah Newlin.

    Awesome to see all those faces tripping that broad out as she took refuge at the Daylight Institute or whatever the hell it's called.

    I think, unfortunately, that Yessica is gonna take one for the team to save Adelyn.

    Great to see Hoyt...I wonder if he will regain his memories by hugging Sookie or something. We all know she has that ability to trigger reverse amnesia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CFOH's take on these episodes is better than the real thing! I agree w my brother from another mother Laffa. Where is this all going?! Clearly I have not read the books.

    Then, there's Violet. Geezus man. I gotta start not eating everything in sight. He is in ridiculous shape, scary sex room or not! Hello! I hated the book 50 Shades of Grey. I nearly died when I saw that room. Thanks but no thanks! Think Jason Stackhouse would say the same thing. He's a real meat and potatoes guy, ya know? That's part of his appeal. At least to this gal!

    And no worries CFOH. Your secret is safe with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now that u mentioned it, I too was fearful for Jason when Violet put her head in his lap. That's his favorite toy, but he can't go out like my man "REEK!" from Game of Thrones.


    HA--well played

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true so true. And then he are the sausage to add insult to injury (literally!).

    ReplyDelete